Saturday, June 18, 2005

People who say stupid things, part 4
Chris Wallace:
I mean, what was so horrific in the memo, and I'm not saying, you know, there aren't legitimate questions there, is that someone is chained to a floor and forced to defecate on themselves, and has loud rock music playing. Excuse me? I mean, you know, Auschwitz? Bergen Belsen? The Soviet gulag? I think they would have been very happy to be allowed to defecate on themselves.

Because the whole death camp experienced would have been so much better if only they had been allowed to wallow in their own waste. "You're so lucky; you got to wear your own poop. We never got to wear poop."

The Fox News correspondent has decided to join the dogpile in distorting Senator Durbin's comments about Gitmo. Since most of the distortion is based on taking the comments out of context, I don't feel that have any responsibility to put Wallace's comments in context (take my word for it; they're just as stupid in context).

PS - I think a remark this stupid fully justifies speculations about Mr. Wallace's personal relationship with human waste in the comments. No, not waste in the comments, speculations in the comments.

No comments: