Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm against bad things
Yesterday, Dick Cheney said Lamont's victory in the Connecticut primary would encourage al Qayda. Today, we find out that some maniacs in Britain were caught planning to blow up several trans-Atlantic flights. This tells us two things: Dick Cheney sure knows his terrorists and al Qayda sure works fast. I mean they were able to respoind to the encouraging election signals in mere hours, just like Dick said they would.

Just in case Ann Coulter is among my new readers today (where could they all have come from?), I suppose I should say something here. Ann says in her latest column that Democrats "hate Bush because he is fighting the war on terrorism... They would hate Bernie Sanders if he were fighting a war on terrorism." Before we are all subjected to faux outrage over the failure of liberals to condemn the bad guys, I'll step up to the plate: terrorism is bad. Terrorists are bad. I'm against blowing up thousands of civilians just to make a point. I don't care whether they are in a plane over the Atlantic, in a village in south Lebanon, or on a bus in Tel Aviv, I'm opposed to blowing up non-combatants. I insist that you all stop immediately.

I'm sure that my words will ahve about as much effect on the Coulters of the world as they do on the terrorists and governments of the world.

No comments: