Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What I want for my birthday
In a little over two weeks, I turn fifty. I won't bother you with all the self pity and examination that goes along with that milestone. Let's talk about what this means to Archy. A few hours ago, someone, I'm pretty sure it was the Farmer, was my 73rd thousandth visitor. I'd like to hit 75 thousand by my birthday. That's not a big goal. Right now, during the vacation season, I'm averaging about 60 hits per day. During busier times of year, I average about 100. To push me up to 2000 hits in two weeks I need to get about 130 hits per day. Or I need some solid links from my neighbors to make up the difference between 60 and 130. One really solid weekday Pharyngula link could do it. Or about four Coturnix links. I only have one request: I don't want the usual gang dropping by five times a day to inflate my numbers; I want honest traffic.

Of course, I must offer something in exchange. In case you haven't noticed, I'm back from my job transition hiatus and offering new content almost every day. I have a new urban legend in the making, beer news, and cheap shots at my social betters. During this vacation season, how many lefty bloggers are actually increasing their posting frequency without mentioning Ned Lamont? I think I'm the only one. Don't check, just take my word for it.

I not only promise to keep up my posting while the others take vacations or slip into Lamontophilia, I promise a major woolly mammoth post some time in the next two weeks! I’ll throw in at least one gratuitous attack on Bill O’Reilly, Ann Coulter, or Rush Limbaugh. Who else can promise that? No other blog offers its readers a journalistic cockroach, shrill liberalism, and woolly mammoths. So, come, read Archy, bring your friends, and bring your friends' friends. I'll make it worth your while.

No comments: