Monday, October 19, 2009

What would you add?

Rob Simmons of Connecticut is the latest Republican to try and reinvent himself as a far right demagogue. When Simmons was a member of the House, he was rated as one of the least conservative Republicans there. Now, he wants to challenge Chris Dodd for his Senate seat and has decide the way to get his party's nomination is by pandering to the nutty fringe of the conservative movement. He has been repudiating some of his previous voted in the house and has this to say to the teabaggers:
This state and this country needs people like you. [...] I’ve made it a habit over the years to carry my Constitution in my pocket as a reminder of what this country and what this country’s government is all about. But more recently because of the participation of many of you, I’ve added something to my Constitution. I’ve added a tea bag.

This, of course, brings up the question of what you want to add to your constitution. In the past, this question has almost always involved an amendment. However, Simmons has opened up a whole new line of speculation. If you could add one food item to the constitution, what would it be. I'm torn between beef jerky and aged cheddar cheese.

No comments: