Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A mammoth repair job

I've been working on the Adams Mammoth lately. Every time I Google, trying to track down some detail, I come across the Wiki page for it. Now, it's cool that Wiki has a page for that one mammoth, even if it was a pretty short entry, but I was being driven to distraction by the fact that it had the wrong mammoth for an illustration


The real Adams Mammoth

Yesterday, I signed up at Wiki just so I could fix that damn illustration. While I was there, I rewrote and expanded the article. I guess that's how Wiki is supposed to work. Now I'm looking at all the other articles that in any way refer to mammoths and being tempted to fix them all. I suppose that's also how Wiki is supposed to work. Just what I need, another internet time suck. The cats are already complaining that I don't spend enough time with them...

No comments: