Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Voting rights

A Mark (I'm not sure which one) pointed out in the comments to my post on mental health and voting rights, that Georgia has limitations that are not mentioned in their constitution. I should have pointed out that I only looked at constitutions. I'm sure trawling through the law codes would find lots of other restrictions and interesting trivia. But a project that time-consuming would be more suitable to dissertation or book than to a couple of blog posts. Then again, it's in the nature of blogging that someone obsessive enough could produce an entire blog or carnival dedicated exclusively looking at constitutions. It would certainly produce some interesting discussions. They might already exist, for all I know. As for me, I'm going to do one more post on the subject of state constitutions and then lay off for a while. That's not to say I might not be lured back someday.

No comments: