Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm glad she made that clear

In her interview with NBC's Brian Williams, Sarah Palin explained who the elite are, the people that she and her lynch mob friends are always so incensed at.
WILLIAMS: Who is a member of the elite?

PALIN: Oh, I guess just people who think that they're better'n anyone else, and John McCain an' I are so committed to servin' every American, hard-workin', middle-class Americans who are so desirin' of this economy gettin' put back on the right track, an' winnin' these wars, an' America's starting to reach her potential, an' that is opportunity and hope provided everyone equally. So anyone who thinks that they are--I guess--better'n anyone else, that's-- that's my definition of elitism.

The elite is anyone who thinks they are better than anyone else--like those who think other parts of the country are less authentically American than theirs is, or who believe that people who don't go to their church are less moral than they are, or who disparage certain occupations, such as community organizers, as not really doing work. I'm glad you cleared that up for us, governor.

No comments: