Sunday, August 20, 2006

I write letters
As long as I'm on the subject of Atrios, there's something I've been meaning to ask him.

Dear Atrios,

I see that you named Glenn Reynolds the Wanker of the Day today, again. How many times does that make so far this year? I think your relentless focus on the inanities of Glenn Reynolds is getting to be a bit unfair. The world is full of bad people. How do you think they feel? They get up each morning and do their worst, only to find that, at the end of the day, Glenn Reynolds been named Wanker of the Day again. Don't they deserve a chance to get their fifteen minutes of infamy?

Here's what I propose: establish a Wanker Hall of Infamy. Glenn Reynolds, Rick Santorum, and Pat Robertson can be the initial inductees. White House press secretaries are entitled to automatic inclusion. This would give other bad people their own shot at the daily title.

If maintaining a Hall of Infamy sounds like too much work, maybe you could just rename your daily award. Instead of the Wanker of the Day, bad people could could be the proud winners of the Golden Glenn.

Think about it.

I remain, because I have no choice,

John McKay

PS - I made a similar suggestion to Keith Olbermann in the spring and received no response. I'm hoping you'll be the first one to act on this really great idea.

PPS - Even if you don't think it's such a great idea, maybe you'll do it just once because Friday's my birthday.

PPPS - Did I mention that I like your blog much more than any of the other major blogs?

PPPPS - If you are repelled by sycophancy, ignore the previous PS.

No comments: