Friday, April 08, 2005

The dreaded book meme – Part 4

What are you currently reading?

This is actually a hard question. I have the horrible habits of starting more books than I finish and reading several books at once. Sachar's Dreamland just got added to my bedside pile. I recently picked up a copy of Partisan Hearts and Minds by Donald Green, Bradley Palmquist, and Eric Schickler to read along with Lakoff's Moral Politics so I can write intelligent blog posts about how things work. I'm just finishing The Biblical Flood: A Case Study of the Church's Response to Extrabiblical Evidence by Davis A. Young as part of a project on Creationist geology. I figure everyone writes about Creationist biology, so I should find an angle to attack that's less crowded with intimidating experts and make it my own. My clever wife has me reading Foul Matters by Martha Grimes about intrigue in the publishing industry. Along with these, over the last few months I've started a few books on fossils as part of the Creationist project, some conspiracy theory paperbacks, and a few children's fantasy novels, which are rapidly becoming the only fiction I read.

No comments: